Samwell is a reflection of our diverse community of performers of all cultures, races, genders, ages, and beliefs. We’ve spent a lot of time thinking about the different points of view that create a safe and open environment for everyone and have created some guidelines so you can help us foster and protect this amazing community. The most important thing to remember is that this is your space and you have a responsibility to use it safely.
Please note that the site is for advice and peer support in relation to being a performer and maintaining good mental wellbeing; it should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice.
Foster meaningful and genuine interactions.
- Samwell has features that enable members to connect and chat directly. Members have to accept a connection before any messages can be sent or received. Members can also disconnect with another member should they want to and even block them. Whilst these features are necessary to maintain a safe environment, we do expect messaging between members to reflect the positive, healthy and respectful spirit of this community.
- Help us stay spam-free by not posting about commercial services in the feed.
- Self promotion is acceptable within limits (e.g. sharing a play you are in ONCE!) but use your common sense. There are plenty of social media sites aimed at self promotion or advertising but this is not what Samwell is about.
- Don’t impersonate others and don’t create an account for the purpose of violating our guidelines or misleading others.
Respect other members of the Samwell community.
- We want to foster a positive, diverse community and encourage healthy discussion and the sharing of ideas through our peer groups and forums. However, we will remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages.
- Mild swearing is ok as long as it is in context, not excessive, and not aimed at other community members.
- It’s never OK to encourage violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or disabilities.
- Each of us is an important part of the Samwell community. If you see something that you think may violate our guidelines, please let us know. You may find content you don’t like, but doesn’t violate the Community Guidelines. If that happens, you can choose to block the person who posted it. If there’s something you don’t like in a comment on one of your posts, you can delete that comment.
We hope that any disputes and misunderstandings can be resolved directly between members of the community
Please help us keep this site a safe and supportive place for everyone as overstepping boundaries may result in deleted content, disabled accounts, or other restrictions.
By using Samwell, you agree to these guidelines and our Terms of Service.
Thank you for helping us create a welcoming and supportive community for all our members
The Samwell Team